Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2015/04/08 17:35:45 UTC

cordova-vm.apache.org

We got a VM a while ago with the idea to use it for BuildBot / cordova-docs
ruby environment.

I don't think either of these are still applicable (http://ci.cordova.io is
*awesome*!!!)

Any reason to not ask for it to be decommissioned?

Re: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
afaik, it's still available, but probably we'd need to ping INFRA to make
it alive again (doesn't respond to pings atm)

RE: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Dmitry Blotsky <db...@microsoft.com>.
Hey folks,

RE: cordova-vm.apache.org

Re: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

RE: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Dmitry Blotsky <db...@microsoft.com>.

RE: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
Mobilespec app for each platform does not have direct access to console/logs itself. Currently, the mobilespec app posts results to a couch db at the time of test completion. Node.js runner script waits for couch db record to be created, reads the results and dumps failures to stdio.

Having a DB helps also do simple analysis of _when_ a test started failing and potentially pinpoint a range of commits as culprits. Of course a log parsing solution can do the same - but its less than ideal. If we do runs per commit this might not be required.

Currently, runs are queued every 2 hours.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.