Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2012/11/07 18:04:19 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #252: Add dismiss functionality to all alert messages

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Apache Bloodhound <
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> #252: Add dismiss functionality to all alert messages
> --------------------------+------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  olemis       |      Owner:  gjm
>       Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  review
>  Component:  ui design    |    Version:
> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  bootstrap js system messages
> --------------------------+------------------------------------------
> Changes (by olemis):
>
>  * status:  accepted => review
>  * owner:  olemis => gjm
>

> Comment:
>
>  Patch attached . Please review .

The patch looks good/works well for me. FWIW, I vote to apply it as is.

OT: Will files such as `dashboard/js/bootstrap-alert.js` eventually be
moved to `bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/js`? It seems like the bootstrap files
should be in the "theme" directory.

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #252: Add dismiss functionality to all alert messages

Posted by Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 8 Nov 2012, at 03:34, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] now that we use a lot of bootstrap js plugins at least in
> release tarballs I do suggest to include a single minified
> bootstrap.js file containing all plugins for better performance .

+1

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Fact is that we need bootstrap beyond theme itself , e,g, for widgets,
and layouts . We analyzed (once upon a time ;) that we had two options
to deal with (common / shared) (assets / components / utility
functions) :

  1. Create a separate plugin and make all others depend upon it
  2. use dashboard plugin for thispurpose .

We moved forward with (2) . That's why bootstrap belongs in there ...
at least that's the reason ...

OTOH , now that we use a lot of bootstrap js plugins at least in
release tarballs I do suggest to include a single minified
bootstrap.js file containing all plugins for better performance .

On 11/7/12, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Apache Bloodhound <
> bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>
>> #252: Add dismiss functionality to all alert messages
>> --------------------------+------------------------------------------
>>   Reporter:  olemis       |      Owner:  gjm
>>       Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  review
>>  Component:  ui design    |    Version:
>> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  bootstrap js system messages
>> --------------------------+------------------------------------------
>> Changes (by olemis):
>>
>>  * status:  accepted => review
>>  * owner:  olemis => gjm
>>

>> Comment:
>>
>>  Patch attached . Please review .
>>

> The patch looks good/works well for me. FWIW, I vote to apply it as is.
>
> OT: Will files such as `dashboard/js/bootstrap-alert.js` eventually be
> moved to `bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/js`? It seems like the bootstrap files
> should be in the "theme" directory.

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/