Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Per Fredelius <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 17:51:11 UTC

How to make a plugin SchemaAware or XAware, runtime wise? (Solr 3.6.1)

So I'm creating a request handler plugin where I want to fetch some values
from the schema. I make it SchemaAware but the inform method is never
called. I assume that there is some way of registering the instance as
aware (and I have seen and used this before, although that information
escapes me at this point). I can't find any documentation on this in
particular and neither can I find any calls doing this in the solr
source<https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_3x/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/CurrencyField.java>.
But this could very well be done outside the

So, is there some procedure for initiating getting inform calls?

/Thanks :)

Re: How to make a plugin SchemaAware or XAware, runtime wise? (Solr 3.6.1)

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'm sorry, I don't see how the resource loader awareness is relevant to
: schema awareness? Or perhaps you didn't imply that? Good to know about the

No, my mistake ... typed one when i ment the other one.

: I guess I use the core to get to the schema then. Hmm, I may recall trying
: that at some point but that I hit some problem with that, something like
: the schema not being present when getting core inform call.

the schema (and the rest of the SolrCore) should be fully constructed and
populated by the time inform(SolrCore) is called -- that's the entire
point of these "FooAware" interfaces and the delayed "inform(Foo)" about
the them.

-Hoss

Re: How to make a plugin SchemaAware or XAware, runtime wise? (Solr 3.6.1)

Posted by Per Fredelius <pe...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry, I don't see how the resource loader awareness is relevant to
schema awareness? Or perhaps you didn't imply that? Good to know about the
resource loader though. Although I'm not sure what the resource loader does
at this point (but that's a side track).

I guess I use the core to get to the schema then. Hmm, I may recall trying
that at some point but that I hit some problem with that, something like
the schema not being present when getting core inform call.

/Per