Posted to users@ws.apache.org by cyrille <cy...@kbuilder.net> on 2002/09/11 00:30:30 UTC

about example

hello,

I just try to run examples, after reading doc.
It's seems to running fine, but not at all ...

It seems to always use the default Handler : Echo()

1 / I lauch a server :
    $ java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer
    Usage: java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer <port>
    started web server on port 8080
2 / then a client :
    $ java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient  http://localhost:8080 echo toto
[toto]

so that's working.
but if I try other method I've found in source like "string" or "math"
e.g. : in class org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer :
    webserver.addHandler("string", "Welcome to XML-RPC!");
    webserver.addHandler("math", Math.class);

It is always do like if calling the default Hnadler : method "echo" :

    $ java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient  http://localhost:8080 string abc
    [abc]
    $ java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient  http://localhost:8080 math abc
    [abc]

Is some one get a idea ???

Cyrille

Re: about example

Posted by cyrille <cy...@kbuilder.net>.
Thanks Daniel for your answer.
But really, I shurely miss somthing  !please, help me running simple
stuff ;o)

I'd donwloaded xmlrpc1.1 to maje my test.
In Webserver.Main there are some Handler added :
            WebServer webserver = new WebServer(i);
            webserver.addHandler("string", "Welcome to XML-RPC!");
            webserver.addHandler("math", java.lang.Math.class);
            webserver.addHandler("auth", new AuthDemo());
            webserver.addHandler("$default", new Echo());
            webserver.addHandler("mttf", new
XmlRpcClient("http://www.mailtothefuture.com:80/RPC2"));

if I start the server :

 > java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer
  Usage: java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer <port>
  started web server on port 8080

then the client :

 > java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient http://localhost:8080 echo abcd
[abcd]

we can see that class Echo is used.

But if I try to call other handler, I get exactly the same behavior :
 > java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient http://localhost:8080 string abcd
[abcd]
 > java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient http://localhost:8080 math  abcd
[abcd]
 > java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient http://localhost:8080 auth abcd
[abcd]

Shure I miss something.
Please, can you tell me what is wrong in that example call ?

Cyrille

Re: about example

Posted by cyrille <cy...@kbuilder.net>.

Re: about example