Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Frank Maritato <fr...@lootcrate.com> on 2017/04/12 17:19:28 UTC

authenticating for google cloud rest calls

Hey all,

I'm trying to see if it's possible to create a workflow that uses
InvokeHTTP to call the google cloud rest apis directly instead of creating
a new custom processor for each new thing that comes up.

Before I can call any of the actual services, I need to authenticate to get
a token. Long story short, this part involves creating a string that must
be signed using "SHA256withRSA (also known as RSASSA-PKCS1-V1_5-SIGN with
the SHA-256 hash function) with the private key obtained from the Google
API Console."

I didn't see this algorithm in EncryptContent, but I did see other SHA256
variants. Will one of those work? Or is this an enhancement ticket that I
should create? Also, would the private key I need to use be what I would
put in the "Password" field of that processor?

Thanks!
--
Frank Maritato
Data Architect