Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Yu, Libo " <li...@citi.com> on 2013/04/23 20:00:26 UTC

zookeeper version issue

Hi,

I downloaded kafka 0.8 and notice the bundled zookeeper is version 3.3.3.
I am trying to install it on a cluster and so some testing. The cluster already
has zookeeper 3.4.3 running and I am going to use it with kafka 0.8. Is there
any compatibility issue? No previous version kafka is running on the cluster.

Thanks.

Regards,

Libo

Re: zookeeper version issue

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Its odd that you found the bundled zookeeper version of Kafka 0.8 to
be 3.3.3. It should be 3.3.4. Also, there is no compatibility with
using the zookeeper 3.4.3 server with the 3.3.4 client.

Thanks,
Neha