Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net> on 2013/12/20 01:36:34 UTC

utility to print (dump) HBase config (feedback appreciated)

Just wrote quick snippet to dump HBase config.

snippet :
https://github.com/sujee/print-hadoop-config/blob/master/src/main/java/config/HBaseConfig.java

project : https://github.com/sujee/print-hadoop-config

any feedback / suggestions appreciated....

thanks
Sujee Maniyam (http://sujee.net)

Re: utility to print (dump) HBase config (feedback appreciated)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
This is good!

I do not check this ability in Accumulo but in Hadoop and HBase one
can also simply run "hadoop org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration", or
"hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration", etc., as these
classes carry main methods that write the loaded config as XML to
stdout. If you'd like to, you could enhance that ability to print in
different formatting? I observed yours using the K=V format.

--
Harsh J