Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/11 08:18:06 UTC

import element in modules/service-builder/src/schema/geronimo-config-1.1.xsd

Does it make sense to specify the import element for a configId?

For example:

<environment>
    <configId>
        <groupId>com.foo</groupid>
        <artifactId>myartifact</artifactId>
        <version>123</version>
        <type>car</type>
        <import>??</import>       <!-- does this make sense? -->
    </configId>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <configId>
                <groupId>com.foo</groupid>
                <artifactId>myartifact</artifactId>
                <version>123</version>
                <type>car</type>
                <import>classes</import>
            </configId>
        <dependency>
    </dependencies>
</environment>

I understand the import element can be used for dependencies, but I'm
not sure if it makes sense as a sub-element of the configId.

The import element is defined as the last element in the sequence of
elements in the artifactType complex type.  If it doesn't make sense to
specify it for a configId, then maybe the import element should be moved
so the schema is clear.

Thanks,

John