Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Anand Vijay <r1...@freescale.com> on 2005/06/13 13:08:39 UTC

Using with Struts

Hi All

How to use log4j with tomcat 4.x and struts? . I would like to log only one of the webapps..

Regards
Vijay

Re: Using with Struts

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Quoting Anand Vijay <r1...@freescale.com>:

> Hi
>
> but it logs system wide but not the application

You said you are using Tomcat, right?  And do you have struts in WEB-INF/lib
along with log4j.jar and commons-logging.jar?  You should also have your config
file in WEB-INF/classes.  There is no reason I can think of that this wouldn't
provide per-webapp logging.  In fact, it is quite simply impossible for 2
webapps to see each other if your libraries are all stored in WEB-INF/lib.  I
suggest re-visiting your webapp structure to verify that you have things set up
properly.

Jake

Re: Using with Struts

Posted by Anand Vijay <r1...@freescale.com>.