Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com> on 2011/05/03 13:00:53 UTC

default document doesnot work with IIS

HI,

Though default document is set in IIS ,it doesn't seem to pick it up when IIS connector is configured with tomcat.
When we provide the path like http://localhost/test it doesn't automatically add index.cfm and it return 404,but if I access the full url like http://localhost/test/index.cfm it works fine.

Thanks,
Asha

Re: default document doesnot work with IIS

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
You are not really providing any useful information for anyone who would like to help you.
Can you tell us :
- what version of Tomcat you are using
- what version of the isapi_redirector
- where you got these from
- what version of JVM
- what the full path of the top directory of your IIS documents is
- what is the complete path of the tomcat "webapps" directory
- the full path of your "test" application in Tomcat
- what the contents of your "uriworkermap" are

but first of all maybe : do you really need the IIS front-end, or are you using it just
because you think that Tomcat cannot serve static pages ?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
depends on what the test webapp mapped to?
are you implementing some sort of IIS mod_rewrite?
http://www.isapirewrite.com
?
Martin Gainty

Posted by Jordan Michaels <jo...@viviotech.net>.
Hi Asha,

I'm guessing it's safe to assume you're using a fairly standard install
of the isapi_redirect.dll, and that you have a workers.properties file,
an isapi_redirect.properties file, and a uriworkermap.properties file.

With that in mind, try the following:

1) In IIS, make sure "index.cfm" is set as your default document in the
site you're working on.

2) Add ".cfm" handler mapping

Make sure the top level server is selected in the top left menu in IIS7.
Click "Handler Mappings" in the main IIS7 window. In the far right menu,
click "Add Script Map". In the window that pops up, enter the following:

Request Path: "*.cfm"
Executable: "c:\[railo|openbd]\connector\isapi_redirect-[version].dll"
Name: "CFML" (can be whatever you want to label it)

When you hit "OK", IIS will prompt you to "Allow" this ISAPI extension.
Click "Yes". You should see your mapping show up in the "Handler
Mappings" list.

Repeat this process for *.cfc, *.jsp, or whatever... as you see fit.

3) Restart IIS7 for good measure.

Hope this helps!

-Jordan

Posted by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com>.