Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Santosh Kulkarni <sk...@jcpenney.com> on 2009/04/03 17:15:12 UTC

WS security username token caching

Hi all,

Where can I get some pointers/examples on how to cache the
authentication information so I do not have to go to the authentication
server for every single request?

A little background:

I'm using apache-cxf and ws-security username token profile. The
callback goes out and authenticates against a remote LDAP server.

It's required to be a high volume service so looking for ways to avoid
hitting the LDAP server for every request.

Santosh

Re: WS security username token caching

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
There are really a couple options:

1) Use ws-secureconversation.   The user would send the complete
authentication information on the request to get the conversation token.
Subsequent requests would just send the conversation token.

2) You could write an interceptor that grabs the HTTP session out of the
message and store stuff there (providing the clients enable sessions).
Basically, store the username/password that WAS authenticated successfully and
in you callback handler, match there first.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org