Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jorge Hernandez <jo...@fsbcomputers.com> on 2013/10/12 19:41:55 UTC

mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 3.4 on Windows

Hey guys, I’m trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4 under Windows
and I’m getting this:

========

I have found ExtUtils::Embed 1.3001 at

  C:/Perl64/lib/ExtUtils/Embed.pm

This is probably not the right one for this perl version. Please make sure

there is only one version of this module installed and that it is the one

that comes with this perl version.

If you insist on using the ExtUtils::Embed as is set the environment

variable MP_USE_MY_EXTUTILS_EMBED=1 and try again.

Details: expecting ExtUtils::Embed 1.30 (according to Module::CoreList)

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Apache2/Build.pm line 64.

Compilation failed in require at Makefile.PL line 37.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 37.

=========

I don’t get it, isn’t 1.3001 the same as 1.30

By the way, everything is 64-bit.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Jorge_.

Re: mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 3.4 on Windows

Posted by Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 <da...@cpan.org>.
> I have found ExtUtils::Embed 1.3001 at
>   C:/Perl64/lib/ExtUtils/Embed.pm
Which Perl distribution is that? Which steps did you take to get that
error message?

You need to find out how you ended up with a version that is not in a
release of Perl:
<http://perlpunks.de/corelist/mversion?module=ExtUtils::Embed>

The usual answer, namely through an upgrade from CPAN, does not apply -
E::E's dual-life counterpart was last released in 1997.