Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2008/02/14 08:06:35 UTC

Avoiding a persistent startup error

Running C2.1.8...

We are having ongoing power problems and whenever the server shuts down abnormally,
Cocoon will not start-up properly due to this error:

Message: The repository home at /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest appears to be in use. If you are sure it's not in use please delete the file at /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest/.lock. Probably the repository was not shutdown properly.

Is there any way of altering something to avoid this (short of rebuilding Cocoon)?

Thanks
Derek

Re: Avoiding a persistent startup error

Posted by Andrew Savory <sa...@andrewsavory.com>.
Hi,

On 14/02/2008, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Message: The repository home at
> > /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> /webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest
> > appears to be in use. If you are sure it's not in use please delete the
> file
> > at
> > /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> /webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest/.lock.
>
> > Probably the repository was not shutdown properly. ...
>
> This comes from the jcr block, if you're not using that block you
> should exclude it from your build.
>
> Or (again if you're not using the JCR block, as that would be where
> its data is stored), modify your startup scripts to remove that lock
> file before starting Cocoon.

I notice you have the samples in your deployment too
(webapps/cocoon/samples) - it's best practice to exclude the samples from
your build when deploying to production.

Andrew.
--
Sourcesense: Making sense of Open Source
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135

Re: Avoiding a persistent startup error

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> wrote:
> ...Cocoon will not start-up properly due to this error:
>
> Message: The repository home at
> /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest
> appears to be in use. If you are sure it's not in use please delete the file
> at
> /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest/.lock.
> Probably the repository was not shutdown properly. ...

This comes from the jcr block, if you're not using that block you
should exclude it from your build.

Or (again if you're not using the JCR block, as that would be where
its data is stored), modify your startup scripts to remove that lock
file before starting Cocoon.

-Bertrand