Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris HoyPoy <ch...@mpl.com.au> on 2004/01/21 03:42:40 UTC

returning data conforming to an XSD (and lists of these!)

Goodmorning,

I have a set of XSD's describing the data (relating to a .NET/Windows CE
client that I need to exchange data with).

can someone point me in the right direction of some documentation on the
process involved with correctly serializing/deserializing that data?

also at times the client will request or provide a .NET structure called a
"System.Data.Dataset" which I am assuming is just an XML document
describing a  list of objects (I can handle single objects, but how are
lists of objects serialized/deserialized)- these are provided as wrapped
document/literals according to the documentation I have - how does AXIS
handle these? can I safely assume it can serialize/deserialize these
elements (and to what level does it deserialise them to? will it break
each object into its elements, and expect to find an object on that (if
so, how? I assume I need to provide the XSD to the java code somewhere, so
that it can perform this? how/where do I do that?)

or if the doc/lit XML document that it receives (the SOAP body or data, I
think) refers to the XSD, will it then try to find the XSD, and then
reference it directly to perform the serialization? (in which case, I
assume it will then look to provide either an object (representing the
XSD) or a list of elements (ie string, string, int, int) to my functions.

hope that made more sense then I think it does - if anyone has also played
with .NET clients and AXIS, in particular transferring those
system.data.datasets, I'd be interested in hearing their experiences. ;)

thanks
//Chris