Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net> on 2008/08/13 20:50:18 UTC

Cocoon 2.2 and Netbeans IDE

Hi,

is it possible to create Cocoon applications straight using Netbeans IDE
6.1 and Maven plugin? I tried to do so, but I got some errors. Mainly
it's about missing classworlds (this is only a part of the stacktrace):

reg. mika

[ERROR]Root error message:Missing:
[ERROR]----------
[ERROR]1) classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1
[ERROR]  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]  Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR]      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=classworlds
-DartifactId=classworlds -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
the file there:
[ERROR]      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=classworlds
-DartifactId=classworlds -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]  Path to dependency:
[ERROR]      1)
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-alpha-3
[ERROR]      2) org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0.8
[ERROR]      3) classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1
[ERROR]2) org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2
[ERROR]  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]  Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR]      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.wagon
-DartifactId=wagon-provider-api -Dversion=1.0-beta-2 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
the file there:
[ERROR]      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.wagon
-DartifactId=wagon-provider-api -Dversion=1.0-beta-2 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]  Path to dependency:
[ERROR]      1)
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-alpha-3
[ERROR]      2) org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0.8
[ERROR]      3) org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2
[ERROR]----------
[ERROR]2 required artifacts are missing.
[ERROR]for artifact:
[ERROR]
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-alpha-3
[ERROR]from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR]  apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
[ERROR]  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Re: Cocoon 2.2 and Netbeans IDE

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Hi Miles and others,

I configured Netbeans so that it uses external Maven 2.0.9. By doing
that, I got rid of problems so far, that is, 'mvn install' works using
'build' command. Also switching the debug mode on, may be wise while
using external Maven. I tested this setup with the example of 'Deploying
a Cocoon Application, http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html ' with
one block and got it working. The internal maven 2.1-SNAPSHOT in
Netbeans seems not to be working right with Cocoon archetype.
What is confusing, is that creating and deploying e.g. webApp.war, which
has a dependency: myBlock, have to be requested by
http://localhost:8080/myBlock, not http://localhost:8080/webApp. But
that is how it should be, right?

- mika -

Posted by Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>.
Hi Mika,

Unfortunately, I can't be of service here.  While I like NetBeans for
editing, compiling, etc., I am still very new at it.  For now, as I've
run into the same issues you have, I have been dropping back to the
command line to run mvn commands.  All of the same pom.xml resources
are there in the NetBeans projects just as they would be from the
command line.  I still find it worth the trouble to use NetBeans due
to its project creation and maintenance ease, but deployment is still
very much manual labor for me.

Sorry I couldn't be more of help.

- Miles

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Lehtonen, Mika <mi...@digikartta.net> wrote:
> Hi again Miles,
>
> I was just wondering, because you have been palying around with
> Netbeans/Cocoon, how do you "install" blocks so that you can use them as
> dependencies? This question may sound a little stupid to ask, but I am
> learning both Cocoon 2.2 and Netbeans at the same time now, and haven't yet
> got the whole picture inside my head. If I create two separate projects, one
> for Cocoon sample block and one for the web block, the web block doesn't
> "see" the sample block, allthough I edit the dependencies in the pom. How
> should I create Cocoon blocks in Netbeans in order to make interaction
> possible?
>
> mika

 - Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Re: Cocoon 2.2 and Netbeans IDE

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Hi again Miles,

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Hi Miles,

nice to hear that somebody is using Netbeans for Cocoon 2.2 webapp
development. Actually I am not sure if I already had a functionaling
setup. I just started to learn Cocoon 2.2, so it's not so easy to say
whether I have problems with Cocoon or with Netbeans. I installed Maven
Plugin straight from the  'Available plugins' and the version is 3.1.4.
It seems that starting a new Cocoon project works (build succesful and
so on). But as I said, I need to get my first Cocoon 2.2 application to
work command prompt basis so that I can repeat it with Netbeans. I ran
into some errors when I tried to deploy (run) my first test application
in Netbeans but same could have happen without IDE. Unfortunately, I had
to earn my living now, so I can't play around with Cocoon/Netbeans. Hope
this setup will turn upsidedown at some stage. ;-)

Thanks for your reply!
- mika -

Posted by Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>.
Hi Mika,