Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Goeschl Siegfried <S....@together.at> on 2002/12/13 13:49:15 UTC

JMeter - Was: Canoo Webtest and Yet Another Testing Tool ...

That brings me to an additional point since I looked at JMeter a long while ago ... would it be possible to automate the execution of the test suite and to get XML reports to be integrated into an build environment such as MAVEN with a suitable plugin?!

We could automate a check for performance baseline and integrate that into a daily build ... I would call that a "Rational Buster" even it is now IBM ... :-)

Thanks

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: JMeter - Was: Canoo Webtest and Yet Another Testing Tool ...

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Goeschl Siegfried" <S....@together.at>
>
> That brings me to an additional point since I looked at JMeter a long while
> ago ... would it be possible to automate the execution of the test suite and
> to get XML reports to be integrated into an build environment such as MAVEN
> with a suitable plugin?!
While I haven't tried it, JMeter does have a non-GUI mode that could quite
probably be used for this purpose (see:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#non_gui).

> We could automate a check for performance baseline and integrate that into a
> daily build ... I would call that a "Rational Buster" even it is now IBM ...
> :-)
On /. There was speculation that M$ might grab Rational (and Borland) - wild
rumours me thinks.

> Thanks
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

Cheers,