Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Senthil Kumar <se...@vmware.com> on 2020/07/24 14:06:05 UTC

Printing effective config for flint 1.11 cli

Hello,

My understanding is that flink consumes the config from the config file as well as those specified via the -D <property=value> option.
I assume that the -D will override the values from the config file?

Is there a way to somehow see what the effective config is?
i.e. print all of the config values that flink is going to be invoked with?

We ran into an issue with the flink stop <task-id> command.
It was exiting (after about a minute) with java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException exception
at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.lambda$stop$5(CliFrontend.java:493)

Following the docs, I tried to issue the command with -D “client.timeout=10 min”, but it seemed to have made no difference.
That made me wonder just what config values were actually being used.

Cheers
Kumar

Re: Printing effective config for flint 1.11 cli

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senthil,

You can see the configuration from the WebUI or you can get from the
REST API[1].
In addition, if you enable debug logging, you will have a line
starting with "Effective executor configuration:" in your client logs
(although I am not 100% sure if this will contain all the
configuration parameters).

Cheers,
Kostas

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/rest_api.html