Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Greg Groth <gg...@gregs-garage.com> on 2006/09/07 19:11:43 UTC

FreeBSD GUI client.

I apologize if this information is covered somewhere, but after numerous
searches of this mailing list and google, I'm not finding the info I
need (I'm probably using the wrong search parameters).  I've been
connecting to a subversion server successfully using TortiseSVN on XP
and W2K using svn+ssh, however I'm having difficulty finding a GUI
client that will let me do the same from FreeBSD 6.1.  I've tried esvn &
kdesvn and am running into the same problem, there is no pop-up window
to enter a password.  If I attempt a connection, either one of the
clients I mentioned will just sit there.  If I launch either client from
a console, after connecting, I will get a password prompt in the console
with now way of entering the password.  Is there a gui client available
the can handle this?

On another note, I have not tried RapidSVN as of yet on FreeBSD.  My BSD
box is at home, and I'm currently at work on my W2k machine and decided
to try the Windows version, however I'm running into problems.  I can
connect just fine using TortiseSVN, but when using RapidSVN to connect
using svn+ssh I get the following error message:

Error while performing action: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot
find the file specified.

Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Groth

Re: FreeBSD GUI client.

Posted by Carsten Koch <Ca...@icem.com>.
Greg Groth wrote:
> however I'm having difficulty finding a GUI
> client that will let me do the same from FreeBSD 6.1.  I've tried esvn &
> kdesvn and am running into the same problem, there is no pop-up window
> to enter a password.  If I attempt a connection, either one of the
> clients I mentioned will just sit there.  If I launch either client from
> a console, after connecting, I will get a password prompt in the console
> with now way of entering the password.  Is there a gui client available
> the can handle this?

Try pysvn workbench.
See http://pysvn.tigris.org/