Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "SCHWING, CHUCK" <cs...@att.com> on 2023/08/09 17:58:05 UTC

Tomcat 10.1 -- Precedence of catalina.sh jvm Options vs server.xml options

Hi -

I've looked for the answer to this online and maybe I didn't read closely enough.
I'm running tomcat 10.1 with JDK17.0.6 and have defined a jvm startup option of "-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2" in my copy of catalina.sh and the same TLS version is defined in my server.xml in my SSLHostConfig:
sslProtocol="TLS"
                    protocols="TLSv1.2"

My question is:  What's the precedence in play?  Does catalina.sh override server.xml or is it the other way around?

We need to migrate to TLS1.3 and we're wondering how best to configure Tomcat 10 so support TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 while we're migrating.

Thanks in advance,
--ccs cs3768@att.com<ma...@att.com>

RE: Tomcat 10.1 -- Precedence of catalina.sh jvm Options vs server.xml options

Posted by Brandie Nickey-External <br...@regeneron.com.INVALID>.
Thank you!

Regeneron - Internal Use Only

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.