Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2022/02/15 00:36:29 UTC

[D&I] Call for Sponsors - Outreachy program

Apache Diversity & Inclusion is participating once again in the Outreachy program [1], a remote internship program where interns contribute to free and open-source software communities over a three-month period and receive a full-time stipend. This program is somewhat comparable to Google Summer of Code, though the eligibility requirements for both projects and interns are somewhat different. Our goal is to support people from groups underrepresented in the technology industry. Interns will work remotely with mentors on projects ranging from programming, user experience, documentation, illustration, and graphic design, to data science.

We are entering the "May to August 2022" round of the Outreachy program [2] and we would like your help finding Outreachy sponsors.

If you know about any company or organization that could be interested in the program or interested in promoting any of your projects, please share the generic sponsorship material [3] with them. The budget for each intern is $6,500. Outreachy will be recognizing program sponsors. Outreachy participants will have an opportunity to promote their work via ASF channels, including mentions of sponsoring organizations.

If you have any further questions, we are more than happy to help: contact us at dev@diversity.apache.org or #outreachy-general on the-asf.slack.com. Our deadline to confirm our funds to the Outreachy program is February 25th.
Our deadline to confirm our funds to the Outreachy program is February 25th.

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2022-01-10/may-2022-call-for-mentoring-communities/
[2] https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2022-01-10/may-2022-call-for-mentoring-communities/
[3] https://www.outreachy.org/sponsor/

- - -