Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chedana jayasinghe <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 06:42:46 UTC

I'm using jdk1.6 + tomcat 7.0.23

HI,
In my web application, in a jsp there is a javascript which sends request
to a servlet every twenty seconds, so it kills my  applications user idle
time tracking by resetting the  lastAccessed time. the funny thing is
lastAccessed time doesn't get updated in tomcat  6 and my applications idle
time tracking works fine in it, but in 7 it gets updated and kills that
functionality of the application . so I'm little bit confused about the
changes in the session tracking of tomcat 6 and tomcat 7

Re: I'm using jdk1.6 + tomcat 7.0.23

Posted by chedana jayasinghe <ch...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

I really appreciate your quick responses.
In the servlet it just calls some values through request.getParameter( )
and then it binds an array variable  of a sychronized method that's all.
below is the whole filter class
public class UTF8Filter implements Filter{
    public void destroy() {}
    public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
FilterChain chain)throws IOException, ServletException{
        request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
        chain.doFilter(request, response);
    }
    public void init(FilterConfig filterConfig) throws ServletException {}
}

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by chedana jayasinghe <ch...@gmail.com>.
Christopher,

*Is there a big change of how tomcat manage sessions, in versions before
tomcat 6.  still I'm little confused about the behavior of my application
  *

Posted by chedana jayasinghe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: I'm using jdk1.6 + tomcat 7.0.23

Posted by Bob Hall <rf...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Saturday, June 20, 2015 11:17 PM, hao huang <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

 >  Can you put my E-mail account deleted from the mailing list, thank you

Hao, as indicated here:   Apache Tomcat - Mailing Lists
you should send a blank email to users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org to unsubscribe from the Tomcat users list.
- Bob

Re: I'm using jdk1.6 + tomcat 7.0.23

Posted by hao huang <hu...@gmail.com>.