Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/01 20:08:07 UTC

Apache Maven Plugins for Tuscany - Archetypes etc

Hello,
Can I get the list of all the Tuscany/SCA Maven plugins please?

Also is there a Archetype plugin to generate the composites etc? I have
seen folks at my client site go thro' the IBM RAD console to do this - Kind
of excruciating. Now that I understand Tuscany a little better I think
using a Maven Tuscany architype plugin will be great.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Matt

Re: Apache Maven Plugins for Tuscany - Archetypes etc

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> I'm not trying to bring this to Eclipse. I see developers going to RAD and
> using tools to create composite etc. I was trying to see if it can be be
> generated using  a maven architype plugin.
> Also hope you had some time working on the sample for me please?
> Thanks
> Matt
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > Can I get the list of all the Tuscany/SCA Maven plugins please?
>> > Also is there a Archetype plugin to generate the composites etc? I have
>> > seen
>> > folks at my client site go thro' the IBM RAD console to do this - Kind
>> > of
>> > excruciating. Now that I understand Tuscany a little better I think
>> > using a
>> > Maven Tuscany architype plugin will be great.
>> > Any ideas please?
>> > Thanks
>> > Matt
>>
>> Hi Matt
>>
>> There are some command line maven archetypes. See
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/maven/archetypes/.
>> Are you talking about bringing this kind of thing into Eclipse?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> --
>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

Yep, been a bit busy, found a few missing imports that are stopping
the basic thing working. I have them fixed but there is a problem in
the version of Xalan that's getting pulled in. We shouldn't pulling it
in at all so something is dragging it in and needs fixing. There are
quite a few more that are fixing but are in modules not required for
JMS.

I looked for the existing extender function. It's related to our OSGi
remote services implementation. The samples for it got moved out [1].
I'll move them back in again.

The Tuscany implementation.osgi doesn't provide the same level of
function that implementation.osgiapp provides and doesn't understand
the same EBA meta-data. However, if you look at the samples [1], you
can see a composite loading a bundle as follows [2]. There are various
meta data files and I don't know which ones are important (I didn't
write this) so I have in mind that, now I have the basic sample
working, to port it over to implementation.osgi with the appropriate
remote services meta-data.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/contrib/samples/learning-more/implementation-osgi/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/contrib/samples/learning-more/implementation-osgi/dosgi-calculator-operations/OSGI-INF/sca/bundle.composite

Regards

Simon

Re: Apache Maven Plugins for Tuscany - Archetypes etc

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.