Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by ar...@cornell.edu on 2002/09/11 21:35:45 UTC

PATCH: More refactoring with XmlRpcRequest

Ok, on the tails of Andrew Evers' refactoring patch, I have created a new
patch which adds some more fields to XmlRpcRequest, and deprecates all
execute calls with multiple parameters in favor of execute calls with a
single XmlRpcRequest object, on both client and server.  Included is also
accumulation of headers which are now part of the XmlRpcRequest object.

This patch is one in a series I hope to introduce in baby steps (which is
why it doesn't look like the headers are actually *used* for anything at
this point).

I would like to merge the introspection patch after this patch, which
would touch the SystemHandler to handle special "system." introspection
calls, the Invoker, to be able to return introspection information on
introspectable handlers, XmlRpcHandlerMapping interface to add new
methods to return an enumeration of handler names, and a new call
getHandlerSpec which returns a HandlerSpec which is a structure holding the
handler object and the function name (which is significant for
introspection because in the presence of a period in the handler name the
method name will be a suffix), and XmlRpcServer, to hold, and pass along
an allow_introspection boolean.

After that, or perhaps at a peer level since they are rather independent,
I would like to add in interceptors/filters based on the new
XmlRpcRequest (this should shorten the parameter list significantly).

The patch is here:

http://aeolus.cit.cornell.edu/xmlrpc/xmlrpcreq.patch

Aaron Hamid
CIT/I&D