Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2019/02/23 14:02:38 UTC

Re: Can we build docker image and push the image to DockerHub orother Docker Repository?

Yes. Important discussion and requirement should stay in ml.

Also support that, provide docker file instead of docker image for snapshot.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

From:  "Xiangdong Huang"<sa...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sat, Feb 23, 2019 08:41 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@iotdb.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Can we build docker image and push the image to DockerHub orother Docker Repository?

Hi,

Now I am writing a Dockerfile and will push it to the git repository. Then,
if someone wants to use IoTDB in a container, he can run `docker build` to
get his image.  In this way, we can avoid to provide a binary version to
users.

introduced Apache IoTDB with some friends and then they asked me about
that..  I told them that "please post your requests on our mailing list",
but apparently they lack the experience to use mailing list, and we need
time to let them do this...  So I had to post this mail thread to let our
community know about this requirement.

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University