Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org> on 2005/07/28 23:59:37 UTC

Re: FreeBSD 5.4 issue - can't connect from external client (replicable)

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 18:50 -0400, John Athayde wrote:
> I've got a problem with my subversion install. It works on the server
> locally via SSH, but when I try to connect remotely, it unexpectedly
> cuts out. I've documented it here:
> http://boboroshi.backpackit.com/pub/177991
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Perhaps not using HTML mail.  But this might solve your problem.

    http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-05/1841.shtml

Cheers,
Chris
--
PGP Public Key: http://www.nesser.org/pgp-key/

Re[2]: FreeBSD 5.4 issue - can't connect from external client (replicable)

Posted by "Sergey A. Kobzar" <ks...@uaic.net>.
Hello Christopher,

Friday, July 29, 2005, 2:59:37 AM, you wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 18:50 -0400, John Athayde wrote:
>> I've got a problem with my subversion install. It works on the server
>> locally via SSH, but when I try to connect remotely, it unexpectedly
>> cuts out. I've documented it here:
>> http://boboroshi.backpackit.com/pub/177991
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?

> Perhaps not using HTML mail.  But this might solve your problem.

>     http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-05/1841.shtml

> Cheers,
> Chris

The problem is not in Subversion. You have to correctly setup you sshd
server. Probably it allow only key-based authentication.

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:ksa@uaic.net