Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "alan.murray.1@lexisnexis.com" <al...@lexisnexis.com> on 2017/11/10 20:33:47 UTC

Tomee upgrade Tomee 7 upgrade

I'm trying to get an application up and running on Tomee 7.0.2.

It runs under Tomee (with the old style webapps/tomee war installed).

I think I've converted everything, but I'm having trouble with one of the
wars deploying.  I've been debugging OpenEJB and for this one war that
doesn't work, it gives class not found errors.  I've noticed that for the 3
wars that do work start with no errors, the classLoader isn't looking for
classes with the "WEB-INF" prefix.

The error looks like this.  In the debugger I can see it loading classes
from "WEB-INF/classes/com/x/y/rest/SampleContextImpl.class" that gives the
exception, and also from "classes/com/x/y/rest/SampleContextImpl.class".  I
think it is a configuration issue, but I don't know Tomee..

java.lang.Exception: Could not load
WEB-INF/classes/com/x/y/rest/SampleContextImpl.class
        at
org.apache.openejb.util.AnnotationFinder.readClassDef(AnnotationFinder.java:305)
        at
org.apache.openejb.util.AnnotationFinder.find(AnnotationFinder.java:164)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.checkAnnotations(DeploymentLoader.java:2086)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.discoverModuleType(DeploymentLoader.java:1969)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.discoverModuleType(DeploymentLoader.java:1903)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.load(DeploymentLoader.java:150)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureApplication(ConfigurationFactory.java:855)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.getOpenEjbConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:547)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.getOpenEjbConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:634)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.getOpenEjbConfiguration(Assembler.java:503)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:482)
        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java:150)
        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:307)
        at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatLoader.initialize(TomcatLoader.java:247)
        at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.ServerListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerListener.java:168)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:94)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:395)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:108)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:606)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:629)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:494)

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Tomee upgrade Tomee 7 upgrade

Posted by "alan.murray.1@lexisnexis.com" <al...@lexisnexis.com>.
I got around this- it was a permission error on a directory.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html