Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Kenneth B. Harwood" <ru...@comcast.net> on 2005/06/23 08:11:02 UTC

batik JSVGComponent or JSVGCanvas usage problem

i'm running win2K.  netbeans 4.0.  swing/japplet.  j2se (5).  my applet bombs-out every time at the following statement:

JSVGComponent var= new org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent();
[and also when i use the JSVGCanvas class]

each time it generates a ClassDefNotFound error.

I'm pretty certain I have my CLASSPATH set-up properly.
i get the same error when running the applet from Appletviewer.

any suggestions?

thanks.

 - ken harwood
    reno, nevada

   run10kswim@comcast.net

Re: batik JSVGComponent or JSVGCanvas usage problem

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Kenneth,

   Well it would be useful to know what class was not
found in the ClassDefNotFound error (copy the stack trace).

   The problem is almost certainly an issue with your
classpath (which you also haven't included).  But I don't
really have enough information to provide a solid answer.