Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by J Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2010/06/07 19:14:06 UTC

Share Test Reports

Devs,

I've just committed an enhancement to Futon that makes it easy to replicate the contents of your local test_suite_reports db to http://couchdb.couchdb.org/test_suite_reports

When people start sharing their reports we'll find this to be a very valuable resource. For instance, run this view with reduce=true and group_level=3, to see how many test runs the community has shared from each day.

http://couchdb.couchdb.org/_utils/database.html?test_suite_reports/_design/treport/_view/daily-versions

I've taken pains to make it clear via the UI that sharing test reports is entirely voluntary and will broadcast no personally identifying information.

To see the new feature, update trunk and look at the test runner page in Futon. (There's a new button at the top.)

http://couchdb.couchdb.org/ has been around on and off for a while. This time, expect it to be reliable. If anyone has anything they'd like to host there for the community, create a thread on the list, and we'll create a database for you.

Comments welcome!

Chris

Re: Share Test Reports

Posted by Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com>.
This is great.

Is there a way we might be able to get the CouchDB DEBUG output in to
the test dbs? That would go a long way towards helping us debug
reports that we get.

-Mikeal

Re: Share Test Reports

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.