Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by bryan rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/19 15:10:03 UTC

couchtato replacement?

.Hi,

I was hoping to use couchtato:

"https://github.com/cliffano/couchtato
It's a command line tool (using nodejs) that allows you to apply javascript
functions against all documents in a database, 'offline' in the sense that
those javascript functions live in a couchtato config file on your local
filesystem instead of a view on CouchDB server."

To manage some data in my project, but it looks sort of out of date.
Does anyone know of another tool that does similar things?
I guess if not I might fork it as my excuse to learn node.js, which I
am thinking to move to as my front end server at some point anyway.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

Re: couchtato replacement?

Posted by Cliffano Subagio <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thanks Bryan for leaving a comment on log4js workaround when using
couchtato with node v0.0.6
https://github.com/cliffano/couchtato/issues/1#issuecomment-6269231
No workaround needed with node v0.0.4 (some users are still on v0.0.4).

I've been slowly refactoring couchtato these past months, mostly to replace
craddle with nano, and to simplify the rest of the code. This is still in
progress, almost there.

Cheers,
Cliff.

Re: couchtato replacement?