Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mathias Reem <m....@gmx.net> on 2009/02/07 17:36:53 UTC

war update doesn't update COB-INF

Hi

I'm using Cocoon 2.2 and Tomcat 6.0.18.

I've got a little test-block. That I put into test-block.jar, This
test-block.jar is then part of my test.war. When I replace a running
test.war with a new one, all the files in
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/test get updated, but the files in
/var/cache/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost/test/ don't get updated. So each
time I modify the files in the COB-INF of the test-block.jar, I've to
restart the tomcat in order to see the modifications.

I've already checked, that the modified files are actually inside the
test-block.jar, that was extracted out of test.war when deploying the
new test.war.

When I completely undeploy the test.war first, /var/cache/../test/ is
removed but, when I deploy the new test.war (with for example modified
sitemap.xmap), the old and unmodified data is again in /var/cache/../test/.

Restarting the tomcat each time I've changed a xsl transformation, or
something else in COB-INF is pretty annoying.

Is anybody having similar problems?

thx
	Mathias

Re: war update doesn't update COB-INF

Posted by Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kj...@computas.com>.
On Saturday 07 February 2009 17:36:53 Mathias Reem wrote:
> Is anybody having similar problems?

Yeah. I used a lot of time trying to figure it out, but gave up.

Sometimes I have to stop the server, delete the deployed application
alltogether, copy in the new war and start the server. This appears
completely random, and yeah, it sucks.

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001