Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/28 15:23:46 UTC

0.7 Shiro LDAP authentication changes? Unable to instantiate class [org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm]

Zeppelin 0.7.0 built from yesterday's snapshot.
Getting below error stack when trying to start Zeppelin 0.7.0.
The same shiro config works fine in 0.6.2.

We're using LDAP authentication configured in shiro.ini as
ldapRealm = org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm
ldapRealm.contextFactory.environment[ldap.searchBase] = ...
ldapRealm.contextFactory.url = ...
ldapRealm.contextFactory.authenticationMechanism = SIMPLE
..

This config works fine in 0.6.2.
Is org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm has to be changed in 0.7 to
something else?
Or there are other significant changes in Shiro / LDAP authentication?

[1]

$ ./zeppelin.sh
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.shiro.config.ConfigurationException:
Unable to instantiate class [org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm] for
object named 'ldapRealm'.  Please ensure you've specified the fully
qualified class name correctly.
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.ReflectionBuilder.createNewInstance(ReflectionBuilder.java:151)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.ReflectionBuilder.buildObjects(ReflectionBuilder.java:119)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.buildInstances(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:161)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createSecurityManager(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:124)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createSecurityManager(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:102)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createInstance(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:88)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createInstance(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:46)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniFactorySupport.createInstance(IniFactorySupport.java:123)
        at
org.apache.shiro.util.AbstractFactory.getInstance(AbstractFactory.java:47)
        at
org.apache.zeppelin.utils.SecurityUtils.initSecurityManager(SecurityUtils.java:56)
        at
org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.setupRestApiContextHandler(ZeppelinServer.java:268)
        at
org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.main(ZeppelinServer.java:137)
Caused by: org.apache.shiro.util.UnknownClassException: Unable to load
class named [org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm] from the thread
context, current, or system/application ClassLoaders.  All heuristics have
been exhausted.  Class could not be found.
        at org.apache.shiro.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:148)
        at org.apache.shiro.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(ClassUtils.java:164)
        at
org.apache.shiro.config.ReflectionBuilder.createNewInstance(ReflectionBuilder.java:144)
        ... 11 more

Re: 0.7 Shiro LDAP authentication changes? Unable to instantiate class [org.apache.zeppelin.server.LdapGroupRealm]

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Khalid.

That was it. I was able to start 0.7.0 with ldap shiro config now.

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Khalid.