Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/19 20:25:47 UTC

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad 2.1.0

We had the following votes:

+1 (6): Scott O’Bryan (binding), Leonardo Uribe (binding), Matt Cooper (binding), Jeanne Waldman (binding), Max Starets (binding), Dave Robinson
+0 (0)
-1 (0)

Thanks to all who voted.  I’ll go ahead and release the staging repository and set up jira.

Scott

On November 18, 2013 at 1:08:54 PM, Leonardo Uribe (lu4242@gmail.com) wrote:

+1

Anyway I have just 2 observations that are not blocker for a release in my opinion.

- trinidad-impl jar has a file in META-INF/trinidad-version.txt with the string 2_0_0_beta_2 . It should be 2.1.0 and this stuff can be generated using maven.

    <resources>
      <resource>
        <excludes>
           <exclude>**/*.vm</exclude>
           <exclude>**/myfile.properties</exclude>
        </excludes>
      </resource>
      <resource>
        <directory>src/main/resources-filtered</directory>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
      </resource>

and use velocity to get the project version.

- I ran trinidad-demo and it works, but it seems in trinidad-components-showcase something is not working well. It could be something caused by the changes done in trinidad, but it could be good to investigate what's going on and fix it. Anyway, since the components in trinidad-demo are working, I set the vote to +1.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

2013/11/18 Matt Cooper <mc...@apache.org>
+1

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM, jeanne waldman <je...@oracle.com> wrote:
compiled and ran a test
+1

On 11/18/2013 10:44 AM PT, Scott O'Bryan wrote:
+1
--
Scott O'Bryan

On November 18, 2013 at 8:25:37 AM, Max Starets (max.starets@oracle.com) wrote:

+1
On 11/15/2013 4:02 PM, Scott O'Bryan wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was running the tasks needed to release Apache MyFaces Trinidad v. 2.1.0 which is the latest in the Trinidad render kit series.  This is the first release in over a year and contains over a hundred bug fixes since the last release.  All Blocker bugs are currently fixed and all patches request by the community have been applied.  All tests are passing as is the apache-rat:check.

I have generated the tag [1] and have deployed the build artifacts to nexus [2].  I have also included the source archive [3].  Please take a look at the Apache MyFaces Trinidad v. 2.1.0 release artifacts and vote.

Please note:
This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes (see [4]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released, and why..............

  Scott O'Bryan

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/tags/trinidad-2.1.0
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-141
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-141/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/trinidad/2.1.0/trinidad-2.1.0-source-release.zip