Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2010/11/02 16:34:31 UTC

2.0 feature change doc

FYI, I have added a document to the wiki that outlines the major changes between 1.5.x and 2.0:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIVOT/Major+Feature+Changes+Between+1.5.x+and+2.0

Hope you find it useful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg

Re: 2.0 feature change doc

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Thanks. Originally, it was called BeanSerializer but was renamed BXMLSerializer to be more specific. This is fixed.

RE: 2.0 feature change doc

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Hi Michal,

The drawing API used in that example is no longer supported in Pivot 2.0. However, it is still possible to generate the same type of drawings using Java2D (immediate mode rendering) or SVG.

It is also possible to restore support for the Pivot scene graph API, though this would probably best be done as a separate project (i.e. not included in the platform itself). If you are interested in creating such a project, I would be willing to help get it started, though I will most likely not be able to provide ongoing support for it.

Re: 2.0 feature change doc

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Hi Michal,

Re: 2.0 feature change doc