Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Tom DuBuisson <to...@muse.dev> on 2020/09/22 22:06:11 UTC

ApacheCon BugBash

Drill Developers,

As part of our sponsorship of ApacheCon, our company MuseDev is doing a Bug
Bash for select Apache projects. We'll bring members of the ApacheCon
community together to find and fix a range of security and performance bugs
during the conference, and gameify the experience with teams, a
leaderboard, and prizes. The bash is open to everyone whether attending the
conference or not, and our whole dev team will also be participating to
help fix as many bugs as we can.

We're seeding the bug list with results from Muse, our code analysis
platform, which runs as a Github App and comments on possible bugs as part
of the pull request workflow.  Here's an example of what it looks like:

    https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/5971#discussion_r490252196
<https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/5971>

We explored a number of Apache projects and are reaching out because our
analysis through Muse found some interesting bugs that could be fixed
during the Bash.

We're writing to see if you'd be interested in having your project included
in the Bash. Everything is set up on our end, and if you're interested, we
would need you to say yes on this listserv, and we’ll work with the Apache
Infrastructure team to grant Muse access to your Github mirror. We'll then
make sure it's all set-up and ready for the Bash. And of course, everyone
on the project is most welcome to join the Bash and help us smash some bugs.

-Tom

Re: ApacheCon BugBash

Posted by Tom DuBuisson <to...@muse.dev>.
Hello all,

The ApacheCon is just around the corner which means so is the bug bash.  In
preparations we've heard from the likes of Royale, Zookeeper, Groovy,
Lucene, Solr, Skywalking.  Haven't heard from anyone on this list though,
and in some cases we need to commit a CI configuration file.  Is there
interest in participating?  Setup can be fast, we'd just need a 'yes' to
get started.

Cheers,
Tom