Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mat Lowery <ml...@pentaho.org> on 2006/10/09 15:14:29 UTC

Out-of-sync apacheds documentation?

I recently used the documentation located at
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/configuration.ht
ml (specifically the "Using Spring Framework" section) to setup Apache
Directory Server 1.0 RC4.  I got it working but I believe the documentation
is out-of-sync with RC4 package and class names.

I found the following beans xml file to work (which is different than the
documented one).  Note that the same out-of-sync document exists at the
above URL and in the RC4 download.  The differences include modified package
and class names and added bootstrap schemas.

Can someone verify that the documentation does indeed need updating?
Thanks!

<!-- ************************************** begin
************************************** -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
  "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>
  <!-- JNDI environment variable -->
  <bean id="environment"
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
    <property name="properties">
      <props>
    	  <!--prop
key="asn.1.berlib.provider">org.apache.ldap.common.berlib.asn1.SnickersProvi
der</prop-->
    	  <!--prop
key="asn.1.berlib.provider">org.apache.ldap.common.TwixProvider</prop-->
    	  <prop key="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</prop>
    	  <prop
key="java.naming.security.principal">uid=admin,ou=system</prop>
          <prop key="java.naming.security.credentials"></prop>
          <!--prop key="java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary">
            photo personalSignature audio jpegPhoto javaSerializedData
userPassword
            userCertificate cACertificate authorityRevocationList
certificateRevocationList
            crossCertificatePair x500UniqueIdentifier krb5Key
          </prop-->
      </props>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <!-- StartupConfiguration to start ApacheDS -->
<bean id="configuration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfigu
ration">
    <property
    <property name="contextPartitionConfigurations">
      <set>
        <ref bean="apachePartitionConfiguration"/>
      </set>
    </property>

    <!-- Bootstrap schemas -->
    <property name="bootstrapSchemas">
      <set>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.CoreSchema"/>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.CosineSchema"/>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.ApacheSchema"/>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.CollectiveSchema"/>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.InetorgpersonSchema
"/>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.SystemSchema"/>
      </set>
    </property>

    <!-- Interceptor configurations -->
    <property name="interceptorConfigurations">
      <list>
<bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConf
iguration">
          <property
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.normalization.NormalizationService"
/>
          </property>
        </bean>
<bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConf
iguration">
          <property
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationService" />
          </property>
        </bean>
<bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConf
iguration">
          <property
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService" />
          </property>
        </bean>
      </list>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <!-- Additional ContextPartitionConfiguration -->
  <bean id="apachePartitionConfiguration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutablePartitionConfig
uration">
    <property name="indexedAttributes">
      <set>
        <value>objectClass</value>
        <value>ou</value>
        <value>uid</value>
      </set>
    </property>
    <property name="contextEntry">
      <value>
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: domain
        objectClass: extensibleObject
        dc: apache
      </value>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <!-- Custom editors required to launch ApacheDS -->
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.CustomEditorConfigurer">
    <property name="customEditors">
      <map>
        <entry key="javax.naming.directory.Attributes">
          <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.AttributesPropertyEdit
or"/>
        </entry>
      </map>
   </property>
  </bean>
</beans>
<!-- *************************************** end
*************************************** -->

Re: Out-of-sync apacheds documentation?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mat,

On 10/9/06, Mat Lowery <ml...@pentaho.org> wrote:

> I recently used the documentation located at
>
> http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/configuration.ht
> ml (specifically the "Using Spring Framework" section) to setup Apache
> Directory Server 1.0 RC4.  I got it working but I believe the
> documentation
> is out-of-sync with RC4 package and class names.

Well, I must admit that, hum, yes, the documentation is outdated :(

We are currently trying to fix that the next few days !

I found the following beans xml file to work (which is different than the
> documented one).  Note that the same out-of-sync document exists at the
> above URL and in the RC4 download.  The differences include modified
> package
> and class names and added bootstrap schemas.
>
> Can someone verify that the documentation does indeed need updating?
> Thanks!

We gonna try to answer you in the next few hours.

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny