Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2023/02/07 09:31:06 UTC

Intent to release Feature Model (and friends) 2.0.0, CP Converter 1.3.0, maybe others

Hi,

I want to cut a CP Converter release, and that requires that I also
release some feature model artifacts (and maybe others affected touched
with SLING-11718 [1] ).

If all testing goes well, I will start the release votes tomorrow.

If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-11718

Re: Intent to release Feature Model (and friends) 2.0.0, CP Converter 1.3.0, maybe others

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2023-02-08 at 14:32 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> There is more work unfortunately. Also the implementation inside
> cp2fm needs to deal with the new statements.
> Maybe adding to the readme which version of repoinit language is
> supported is sufficient for now.

Create a PR, I will start work on the releases shortly, we don't need
the README updated within the release artifacts.

https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-feature-cpconverter/pull/156

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.
IIUC then using the new repoinit statements will make the cpconverter throw an exception.
That makes it pretty critical for me.
Otherwise we should clearly indicate the non-compatibility with newer versions of repoinit somewhere.

Maybe Angela can chime in to indicate if really all repoinit scripts are parsed and rewritten by cp2fm because I don’t know the details there.

Konrad

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.