Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "James G. Bunger" <jb...@starrett.com> on 2021/02/16 22:48:20 UTC

internal malfunction libsvn_wc\wc_db.c line 10189

Hi,

I was trying to commit a set of changes that included copying an existing set of folders to two new sets.  Basically creating two new projects from an existing one.  I had gotten a series of failures to commit due to "Non-recursive commit of moved/renamed folder" messages.
This is with Windows 10 64 bit over a VPN connection and using TortoiseSVN.

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.13.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
line 10189: internal malfunction
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

James G. Bunger
Firmware Engineer
[Starrett Logo]
The L.S. Starrett Company
121 Crescent Street
Athol, MA 01331
978-249-3551  x470
JBunger@Starrett.com<ma...@Starrett.com>

Re: internal malfunction libsvn_wc\wc_db.c line 10189

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:48 PM James G. Bunger <jb...@starrett.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I was trying to commit a set of changes that included copying an existing
> set of folders to two new sets.  Basically creating two new projects from
> an existing one.  I had gotten a series of failures to commit due to
> “Non-recursive commit of moved/renamed folder” messages.
>
> This is with Windows 10 64 bit over a VPN connection and using TortoiseSVN.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

Did the series of "non-recursive commit" failures you mentioned occur
within the same commit that failed, or during earlier work?

Also, in the commit that failed, were there also some moves, renames, or
deletes, either in the folders you were copying or in other parts of the
working copy?

To work around the issue:

Is it feasible to checkout a fresh working copy and retry the copy and
commit?

Alternatively, would it be acceptable to make the copies as server-side
copies?

Please let us know if you need help with any of the above.

Thanks again,
Nathan