Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 17:57:25 UTC

Idle timeout for unsubscribing a consumer

Hello:

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0
My broker has got configurated a topic and non-durable consumers
subscribe to this topic.
I would like if there is any parameter for unsubscribing these
consumers where they are idle ( reading)  for some time.

Thanks

Re: Idle timeout for unsubscribing a consumer

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.
I'm watching these options:

- "?useKeepAlive=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=20000" in the
connection to timeout the slow consumer after a specified inactive
time

- <slowConsumerStrategy>
      <abortSlowConsumerStrategy />
  </slowConsumerStrategy>

( but I don't know how to specify the timeout )

What do you recommend me ? Why do I need to use useKeepAlive=false in
the first case ?

Thanks and regards

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.
OK, Thanks