Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/08 11:55:10 UTC

High CPU usage by ofbiz process.

I'm running into a strange issue whereby my ofbiz will run just fine for up
to several hours. At some point though the CPU utilization slowly begins to
creep higher. Eventually everything locks and the program hangs. I can see
the transaction timeout exceptions in the logs for most of our scheduled
services. At some point--anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours
later--CPU utilization drops to normal and the program resumes operation as
if everything were fine. This goes on for up to several hours, then the
utilization issue repeats. So it's a very odd issue I've run into.

Additionally, when I view "top" I generally see a dozen or so  "idle"
postgres processes but most of them are 0%.  Not surem if its connected to
high cup usage.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards
Ganesh Bawne

Re: High CPU usage by ofbiz process.

Posted by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com>.
We are using ofbiz Release 12.04.
Sorry not able to get the exact revision as we added this release to our
svn and then after lots of custom changes made.
We have around 45 scheduled jobs running (some of them scheduled to run for
every 12 mins). There is no customized code in running instance and usually
the jobs won't Crash unless the server is stopped in between the job is
running. But, when high CPU happens then most of scheduled services get
failed due to transaction time out.

I see below warning in the logs, so may be some services are called by
deprecated method but still they work fine.
PersistedServiceJob.java:137:WARN ] Persisted Job [12812626] references a
RecurrenceInfo, recommend using TemporalExpression instead

Do you think, it could be related to max_connection limit. The postgres
server has max_connection limit set to 200 and ofbiz has 256?

I will see, if I can mange to find some useful result with 'YourKit'. We
can't test it on dumps because the scheduled services can be tested only
with live environment.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.