Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com> on 2003/12/23 18:56:44 UTC

Can't upload file?!

I'm trying to follow the example provided by the struts-upload app, but
for some reason, the struts-upload app doesn't appear to work! I just
dropped the struts-upload.war in my Tomcat's webapps directory, I get
the upload.jsp page, but when I submit, I just get a blank page, with no
output to it, logs, console, anything ...  ?!

Is there a known problem with file uploading in Struts 1.1?

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

Re: Can't upload file?!

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
It seems like the field to specify the file path to save the file to was
supposed to include the desired file name, not just the directory, that
seems to have been the problem ... I think multiple versions of
commons-fileupload in my Tomcat classpath were screwing things up, too ...

Hubert Rabago wrote:

>Check if the file you're uploading exceeds the limit set in the struts-config
>file.  I think a blank page is what I got when I did that on my tests.
>
>Hubert
>
>--- Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to follow the example provided by the struts-upload app, but
>>for some reason, the struts-upload app doesn't appear to work! I just
>>dropped the struts-upload.war in my Tomcat's webapps directory, I get
>>the upload.jsp page, but when I submit, I just get a blank page, with no
>>output to it, logs, console, anything ...  ?!
>>
>>Is there a known problem with file uploading in Struts 1.1?
>>
>>--
>>Brice D. Ruth
>>Sr. IT Analyst
>>Fiskars Brands, Inc.