Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/08/01 00:48:53 UTC

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Aug 19th at Yahoo!

Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone that RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group organized by Yahoo!.

Agenda and registration available here

http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/10877366/?action=detail&eventId=10877366

In light of the recently announced search deal with Microsoft<http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/press/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=399702>, I would like to point you to Eric's blog post around Yahoo's strong and on-going commitment to Hadoop and its community - http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/07/news_flash_hadoop_development.html

Looking forward to seeing you at August 19th

Dekel

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Oct 21st at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

RSVP is now open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Oct 21st.

Registration is available here
http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11532125/

We would be interested to explore additional Hadoop and/or related technologies use-cases like Ken provided us in the last event (thank you Ken, very impressive!) allowing all of us to learn from each other.

If you are interested to present, please send me an email with a short description.

Looking forward to seeing you at Oct 21st

Dekel

RE: Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Nov 18th at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

Thank you for those who attended the meeting last week, I hope you found it interesting and helpful. Special thanks to all the presenters!

Presentations are available here:
http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/10/hadoop_user_group_hug_oct_21st.html

RSVP is now open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Nov 18th.

Registration is available here
http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11724002/

We would like to include a session describing an application using Hadoop and/or related technologies. If you are interested to present please send me an email with a short description.

Looking forward to seeing you and enjoy ApacheCon!

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Jan 20th at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

Happy new year!

RSVP is now open for the first 2010 Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Jan 20th.

Registration is available here
http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12229988/

Agenda will be posted soon.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Dekel

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Sep 23rd at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone that RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group organized by Yahoo!.

Agenda and registration available here

http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11166700/

Looking forward to seeing you at September 23rd.

RE: Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - next Wednesday (Nov 18th) at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I like this. Great idea.
Let me check our options...

	Dekel

Posted by Abhishek Pratap <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harshit

Posted by Harshit Kumar <hk...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Video recording available for Nov 18th meeting

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

For those of you who were not able to join us in person for the Nov 18th meeting at Yahoo!, please see the blog post below for video recording and slide-share of the interesting presentations held in this event.

http://feeds.developer.yahoo.net/~r/YDNHadoop/~3/_7yYod3aht4/1118_hadoop_bay_area_user_grou.html

Happy holidays

	Dekel

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - March 24th at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, Wednesday, March 24th, 6PM

Please note that due to the growing demand we are moving the meeting location to a larger facility *Building C, Second Floor, Classroom 5*
(It's in the same campus, just cross the street and walk pass building D to Building C)

Registration and Agenda are available here
http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12710846/

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Feb 17th at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi all,

RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, Wednesday, Feb 17th, 6PM

Registration and Agenda are available here
http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12497904/

RE: Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - next Wednesday (Oct 21st) at Yahoo!

RE: Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) - Jan 20th at Yahoo!

Posted by Dekel Tankel <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi

Agenda is now posted for next week's HUG

http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12229988/

hope to see you all there.

	dekel