Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com> on 2011/09/21 19:11:13 UTC

LocalResource and Container

Hey Guys,

I'm currently setting a local resource for my ApplicationMaster's container ctx when my client sets up its request.

What surprised me is that the containers that my ApplicationMaster starts up don't have those local resources as well. When I find . on the container working directory, I see:

.
./.task.sh.crc
./.container_tokens.crc
./container_tokens
./task.sh

My question is: how do I get my archive to my container? It seems that my ApplicationMaster could re-assign the LocalResource to the container ctx request, except that I don't seem to have access to the raw tgz when the ApplicationMaster is running (only the unzipped directory).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

Re: LocalResource and Container

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com>.
Hey Vinod,

Got it, thanks. Updated the WritingYarnApps FAQ.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.