Posted to users@maven.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/13 12:08:28 UTC

Looking for plexus and reactor...

Hi.

I'm somewhat lost.

The link on /maven/reference/plugins/ pages to plexus is broken.  There isn't
one for reactor, but the page does exist
(/maven/reference/plugins/reactor/index.html).

I'm trying to find out more about these two projects, but information is rather
elusive.  From what I understand, plexus is the Avalon container that turbine
will eventually use? (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/framework/reference-containers.html). Or is
that supposed to be Summit (whatever that is)?

Reactor, from what I can tell, is a Maven plugin that lets you do more complex
builds, but I could be completely off the mark with that one.  I keep seeing
things mentioned about reactor and commons, but for the life of me, I can't
find anything in jakarta commons about reactor.

Everywhere I look URLs have been changed, so tracking down info is difficult,
even if I dig through mail archives.  Could someone either let me in on the
secret, or at least point me to current information?  The current status of
Turbine in general is starting to confuse me.

This all started by looking for info about an Avalon component for JCS which I
heard existed but I can't track down.  I found a reference to plexus somewhere
about it which is how I ended up here.  Perhaps this would better be asked on
the turbine-user list, so maybe I'll try there too.

Any help for this lost soul would be much appriciated.

Thanks,
jaaron

http://shopping.yahoo.com