Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu> on 2015/02/10 20:01:22 UTC

Analyzing dependencies of a project with a non-Maven build

Hi everyone,

I am trying to interface with a largish project that publishes artifacts to
a Maven repository, but does not do its builds using Maven. (It uses
Ant+Ivy.)

The problem is that the published POM dependencies have problems in both
directions: undeclared-but-used dependencies, and declared-but-unused
dependencies.

Ideally, I would like to use the maven-dependency-plugin's excellent
dependency:analyze goal, but on these already-deployed artifacts.

Is there some flag I can pass to a dependency:whatever goal to accomplish
this? Or another recommended approach or tool for doing this?

Thanks,
Curtis