Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/13 02:33:32 UTC

[REPORT] Tapestry - Jan 2010

This has been a good quarter for Tapestry involvement: several critical
bug fixes were backported from the Tapestry 5.2 code base to Tapestry
5.0 (as release 5.0.19) and to Tapestry 5.1 (as release 5.1.0.7, still
pending). Andreas Andreou has spearheaded the release process, as well
as the use of Apache's Nexus server (to stage releases) and Hudson server
(for continuous integration builds).

We are investigating how to get xfvb (X virtual frame buffer) and
FireFox installed on the Hudson server (a requirement for running the
Tapestry 5 test suite).

Work on Tapestry 5.2 has been accellerating, with over 80 bug fixes already
in place, and with a newly-added module to support JSR-303 (Bean Validation).

Traffic on the mailing list has been good, currenty running about 74
messages a day.

We've voted in a new committer, Ulrich Stark. In addition, we've expanded
the PMC, voting in Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo. We expect to continue
expanding the size of the community in the near future.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210