Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 19:14:23 UTC

Some Weird Behavior

SELECT count(*) from data_realtime where dt='20120730' and uid is null

I get the count as *1509*

So that means If I will be doing

SELECT * from data_realtime where dt='20120730' and uid is null

I should be seeing those records in which uid is null? right?

But I get zero record back with the above query. Why is it so? Its very
strange and why is it happening like this. Something wrong with the Hive?

Can anyone suggest me what is happening?

Re: Some Weird Behavior

Posted by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com>.
Let me try that and I will update on this thread If I found something
interesting.

Thanks for the help kulkarni.

Re: Some Weird Behavior

Posted by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com>.