Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jérôme <je...@unicaen.fr> on 2011/09/08 10:23:01 UTC

Remote "explain" method call

Hi,

I'm currently working with JOSEKI.

My client (a web application) does:
         [...]
         QueryExecution qExec = QueryExecutionFactory.sparqlService(url,
query);
         ResultSet set = qExec.execSelect();
         [...]

At the server side, search(query) is called on a IndexSearcher object.

I would like to call the "explain" method instead of the "search" one.

I have not found how to do it with the Jena API.

Should I implement my own method? By adding an "explain" method in the
IndexLarq class?

Thank you.

Jérôme

Re: Remote "explain" method call

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jérôme,
the feature you need is not currently implemented in LARQ.

However, why don't you create a JIRA issue (New Feature|Improvement) for it?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA

If you have a suggestion or, even better, a patch for it attach that to the JIRA.

I'll look at it later.

Thanks,
Paolo

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Paolo - does LARQ provide access to explain() ?

No, currently not.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.