Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org> on 2022/09/07 13:03:01 UTC

[NEWS][DISCUSS] Akka moves to BSL licence

Hi all,

I'd like to share a concerning news. I've just read that Akka will move
from ASFv2 license to BSLv1.1 (1)

I guess this license is considered Category X (2) by the ASF and cannot
be included in ASF projects.

Let's discuss possible solutions.

Best

Etienne

[1] https://www.lightbend.com/blog/why-we-are-changing-the-license-for-akka

[2] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Re: [NEWS][DISCUSS] Akka moves to BSL licence

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.
Hi Chesnay,

Yes I came by the user thread almost at the same time you mentioned it
here :)

That was what I thought as well that we could stick to the last ASFv2
version as long as no CVE pops up. Alternatively moving to an
hypothetical ASF fork would be the easiest path for us.

Best

Etienne

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks Chesnay for this clarifying blog post.

I was off on Friday, it was merged while I was gone but LGTM.

Best

Etienne

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.
I just came by this ticket on LEGAL that Chesnay opened:

Best

Etienne

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.
Oops, I missed this thread: