share the same namespace in 2 YARN instances?

Hi,

I was reading about Federation of HDFS, which is possible in YARN
(http://www.devx.com/opensource/enhance-existing-hdfs-architecture-with-hadoop-federation.html),
and  I started to wonder if is it possible to have 2 YARN runtimes that
share the same HDFS namespace?

Thanks,

Re: share the same namespace in 2 YARN instances?

Posted by Anoop Dawar <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Xeon

I believe there is a YARN federation project going on and another project
Apache Myriad that you may want to look at.

YARN Federation https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2915

Apache Myriad http://incubator.apache.org/projects/myriad.html

 Anoop Dawar
 Senior Director, Product Management