Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 08:05:46 UTC

Export only newly inserted values

Dear All

        Am in an analytic project where all the data are fed into hive
warehouse and am in need of exporting those values to mysql since the
analytic on hive is too slow. Data will be coming to hive in timely fashion
so i need to export only the new data not all the data using sqoop export
kindly point me the direction.

*Regards Muthupandi.K*

 [image: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)]

Re: Export only newly inserted values

Posted by Brenden Cobb <Br...@humedica.com>.
Hey- sorry I misunderstood your question.

I don't think you're going to find an out-of-the-box solution for doing this with Sqoop. My suggestion is you'll need to schedule some ETL work in Map reduce, Pig, or Hive in order to separate out only the records your want to export, then call Sqoop to move the new file. I have a similar situation and Sqoop exports are really just a transport mechanism to move static data out of HDFS. Shaping that data is left to other tools.

From: Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:14 AM
To: "user@sqoop.apache.org<ma...@sqoop.apache.org>" <us...@sqoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Export only newly inserted values

Yes i can use Oozie for the schedule but while export the whole data will be exported again and again. let say i had 10000 rows at 4:00 and i do export 10000 data will be exported after 15 Min data will be increased by 10500 so while exporting at 4:15 again 10500 data will be exported i need to export only the new data that is 500 data.

Regards
Muthupandi.K
9894594112

[Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)]

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Brenden Cobb <Br...@humedica.com>> wrote:
You might want to look into creating an Oozie job to handle your periodic exports.

From: Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, July 14, 2014 12:25 AM
To: "user@sqoop.apache.org<ma...@sqoop.apache.org>" <us...@sqoop.apache.org>>

Yes but i have to export periodically say 15 mins for the same day

Regards
Muthupandi.K
9894594112

[Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)]

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
If your hive table is partitioned by date (say year/month/day), then you can export data from a specific partition using hcatalog

Thanks

Venkat

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Dear All

        Am in an analytic project where all the data are fed into hive warehouse and am in need of exporting those values to mysql since the analytic on hive is too slow. Data will be coming to hive in timely fashion so i need to export only the new data not all the data using sqoop export kindly point me the direction.

Regards
Muthupandi.K

[Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Export only newly inserted values

Posted by Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brenden Cobb <Br...@humedica.com>.
You might want to look into creating an Oozie job to handle your periodic exports.

Posted by Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE